.4U.com has adopted stringent globally accepted best practices for the defense of trademark and cyber-squatting abuse, which includes the implementation of the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP).
We are committed to protecting the legal rights of both brand owners and domain investors, and to creating a safer, friendlier online experience for corporations, organizations, entrepreneurs and people from around the world. If a person or entity claims that your domain name registration infringes on or violates their rights, an administrative proceeding under the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) may apply to help resolve the claim. The UDRP was adopted by The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) for the quick and inexpensive resolution of domain name disputes and is a simple and fast process that trademark owners can initiate with an accredited Dispute Resolution Mediation center.
It is your responsibility to determine whether a domain name registration infringes on or violates someone else’s legal rights. This will likely be the case, for example, if the domain name is registered for the purpose of confusing, misleading or tricking the public; trading on the goodwill of someone else’s brand; and/or for any other bad faith reason. In each of these cases, the domain name will likely be lost during a UDRP proceeding and returned to the rightful owner, resulting in the loss of your .4U.com domain investment.
If you’re not sure whether a proposed domain name registration would infringe on or violate someone else’s rights, please consult with a qualified attorney.
Please choose a provider below and click on the appropriate link for more information to make a UDRP claim. UDRP claims may not be made directly to the .4U.com Registry. Instead, they are made through a third party resource to ensure impartiality.
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
- National Arbitration Forum
- Asian Domain Name Dispute Resolution Center
You are required to submit to a mandatory administrative proceeding in the event that a third party (a “complainant”) asserts to the applicable Provider, in compliance with the Rules of Procedure, that:
- your domain name is identical or confusingly similar to a trademark or service mark in which the complainant has rights; and
- you have no rights or legitimate interests in respect of the domain name; and
- your domain name has been registered and is being used in bad faith.
In the administrative proceeding, the complainant must prove that each of these three elements are present.
*Dispute resolution Updated June 2018 V01
Domain Registration Policies
People or companies who register domain names in the .4U.com TLD (Registrants) must enter into a valid Registration Agreement with their Registrar or Reseller provider.
The following are rules and agreements that will be included in the Registration Agreement for .4U.com TLD Registrants. Should you have any questions regarding the .4U.com Registration Policies, Procedures or Rules, please consider the following:
The Registration Agreement shall include, at a minimum, the following certifications to the best of the Registrant’s knowledge, information or belief under penalty of fraud:
- The data provided in the domain name registration application is true, correct, current and complete and Applicant will ensure that all such information is kept up to date;
- Neither the registration nor the use of the requested domain name interferes with or infringes upon the lawful rights of any person;
- The domain name has not been registered for and will not be used for any purpose that is fraudulent, illegitimate or otherwise in conflict with any applicable laws, rules, regulations, ordinances or decrees, including, without limitation for the submission of unsolicited bulk e-mail, phishing, pharming use of botnets or malware, infringement of the legitimate trademark rights of others, or any other abusive practices; and
- The Registrant has the full power and authority to enter into the Registration Agreement and will be responsible for any errors, falsifications or omissions of information.
The Registration Agreement also shall include the following agreements of the Registrant:
- An express agreement that the registration and exclusive and perpetual right of use and enjoyment for any Registered Name may be cancelled if Administrator or Registrar determines that Registrant has provided information that is incorrect, false or inaccurate either in the initial registration process or in any subsequent communications or in the event Applicant violates any of the terms of the Registration Agreement.
- An express agreement that the domain name may be suspended, terminated, canceled or transferred in the interest of safeguarding compliance with Administrator’s security or registration policies or as a result of a dispute resolution.
- An express agreement that all official contact, correspondence and/or other information sent from or on behalf of Registrar, Administrator or any other relevant official will be transmitted to the administrative contact information that appears in the Registry Database and that the designated administrative contact is authorized to receive all such communication and information.
- A statement that Registrant gives its consent and authorization to Registrar and Administrator to publish the following information in the WHOIS database and elsewhere:
- Names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of the Registrant and Registrant’s designated administrative contact.
- Name, address, telephone number and email address of the Registrant’s technical contact.
- Dates related to the creation, last update and expiration of the Registered Name.
- An express agreement that all disputes, claims or controversies regarding the registration, ownership, use, transfer, assignment, loss, cancellation, or suspension of any Registered Name or otherwise relating to the .4U.com TLD between Registrant and Administrator shall be governed exclusively by the laws of ICANN.
- An express agreement that Registrant assumes all responsibility and liability arising out of any assignment by Registrant of the Registered Name, including, without limitation, with respect to any users, clients, customers, licensees or other persons who may be using any sub-domain of the Registered Name or any Website associated with the Registered Name.
- An express agreement that neither Registrar’s acceptance of the Registrant’s registration request nor the actual registration of any Registered Domain shall be deemed an indication that Administrator, Registrar or the ICANN has made any determination regarding the legality of the registration, the extent to which Registrant’s registration and exclusive and perpetual right of use and enjoyment of the Registered Name may violate any applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, ordinances or decrees or infringe on the rights of any other person, and that neither Administrator, Registrar nor the ICANN Government shall have any liability or responsibility arising therefrom.
Information To Be Collected From Registrants
- To register a name, Registrants must provide the following minimum registration information:
- The domain name registered;
- The IP address and corresponding names of the primary and secondary name servers for the Registered Name;
- The original creation date and term of the registration;
- The name, postal address, e-mail address, voice telephone number, and (where available) fax number of the Registrant of the Registered Name;
- The name, postal address, e-mail address, voice telephone number, and (where available) fax number of the technical contact for the Registered Name; and
- The name, postal address, e-mail address, voice telephone number, and (where available) fax number of the administrative contact for the Registered Name.
*Domain Registration Policies-4U Updated: June 2018 V01
Expiring .4U.com Domains
Seize your second chance to register that perfect .4U.com domain name that you may have missed out on once before.
One of the biggest upsides to being a recently launched domain extension is that .4U.com is a wide-open name space with tens of millions of incredible domain names still up for grabs. Unlike some of the legacy domain extensions, with .4U.com, chances are great that you can still get the domain name you really want for your business, brand or blog – without having to settle. However, there is a chance that the domain name you want the most may already have been registered by someone else.
Getting the perfect .4U.com domain name for your startup, business, product or personal site is not impossible. Since domain names are registered for specific time periods, previous registrants sometimes let go of their registered domains, or forget to renew [link to the Renew .4U.com Domain page]. While the .4U.com Registry does all we can in connection with domain name providers to help customers renew early, the fact remains that some have no need for their domain name beyond a short time period or decide on another name for their website that makes a better fit for their idea, product or service.
Dropping Domain Names
A dropping domain is a domain that has gone through the full Expiration process and has entered a cycle called Pending Delete or the Restore Grace Period. Once a domain name enters Pending Delete, it will automatically be released (or “dropped”) from the system after five days and become available for re-registration.
Dropping domains have become very valuable and the competition for dropping .4U.com domains is now extremely fierce. In many cases customers use a Backorder service to help them search dropping domain lists. A backordering (or domain dropping) service is an automated system that attempts to register an expiring domain for you the instant it becomes available.
Search for your ideal .4U.com today. If the domain is going to be dropped in the next 5 days, we now help you by offering backorder provider options to secure your .4U.com right away.
*Expiring Domains-4U Update June 2018 V01